Hunter Remains Tremayne Event

By Kyle | April 25, 2011

Tireless blog commenter, actor and playwright Hunter Tremayne is on the mend, having suffered a heart attack this past winter and having had multiple-bypass surgery in the interests of ticker repair. Hunter says he’s feeling much better after some scary weeks and promises to be fit to keep calling Republicans knuckle-dragging Bible-thumping trogs well into the future. All hail the hardy Hunter.

Topics: Blogs | 24 Comments »

24 Responses to “Hunter Remains Tremayne Event”

1. Patrick Wahl Says:
      April 25th, 2011 at 10:46 am

I wondered why that guy hadn’t been around here to insult everyone, I almost missed those insults. Hey, maybe he had one of those conversions people have after a close call, where they finally see the light, he’s probably a republican now.

2. K Says:
      April 25th, 2011 at 11:08 am

Get well soon, buddy.

Kyle needs a prog troll to keep the hits up from the outraged trogs – hopefully you’re getting 10 percent.

=Richard Curtis

April 25th, 2011 at 1:09 pm

Having heart surgery in the same hospital that the King of Spain uses was a good idea. As was the fact that I live in Spain, where as I am a registered citizen, the cost of my entire treatment was paid for by the government. Viva Espana!

4. K Says:
      April 25th, 2011 at 2:41 pm

“Viva Deutschland” would be more appropriate, since they’ll be the ones bailing out Spain and in effect paying your bills.

April 25th, 2011 at 3:51 pm

The point is, K, that if I had the misfortune to fall ill with the same problem in the Good Ol’ USA, it would have been financially devastating. Until The US sorts its massive medical woes out it ill behoves them to criticize any country that gets health care for free.

6. Sean Brennan Says:
      April 25th, 2011 at 5:17 pm

Not for much longer K, Angela Merkel’s coalition partners in the FDP and even some in the CDU are tired of Germany acting as Europe’s atm. And it would be “Lang Lebe Deutschland”

7. blackhawk12151 Says:
      April 25th, 2011 at 7:20 pm

Hunter the Libertarian, everyone. Give him a hand.

8. CenturionTerminator Says:
      April 25th, 2011 at 10:11 pm

May you recover, Hunter.

9. Kevin W. Says:
      April 26th, 2011 at 7:47 am

I haven’t been around these parts in a long time, but I had to come back and wish Hunter a speedy recovery. I disagree with him on almost everything, except for the idea that the world needs more Hunter. Viva Tremayne! Viva the Carthusian Horseman!

10. Floyd R Turbo Says:
      April 26th, 2011 at 8:59 am

Get well Hunter. If that hospital is in Madrid my sister recently had her life saved in that very hospital so you’re in very good hands.

Good health and dare I say it? Godspeed.

April 26th, 2011 at 9:21 am

Barcelona, Floyd. Good for your sister, but nobody speaks English in Madrid! If I lived there I might actually have to learn Spanish!

12. Hedge66 Says:
      April 26th, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Moral of the story….why pay for something yourself, when other people’s money is better…for you.

April 26th, 2011 at 10:56 pm

Not if you had bothered to purchase insurance. Glad you’re on the mend.

14. CenturionTerminator Says:
      April 26th, 2011 at 11:36 pm

Hunter looks like Rush Limbaugh.

15. lh Says:
      April 27th, 2011 at 7:10 am

My Glaswegian friend has been well cared for and not “financially devastated” here in the USA despite suffering several heart problems over the last few years. Insurance, family, friends, a good employer- they all pitched in. Thank God he’s too is mending.

I still remember three decades ago how, much the same as Hunter, he lectured me about our “horrid” health care system. I made me mad then but now “Euro-cranks’ make me smile. Long life to them.

16. lh Says:
      April 27th, 2011 at 7:11 am

Sorry… “It” made me mad then

17. Rebecca B Says:
      April 27th, 2011 at 9:10 am

Golly – I was assuming the heart attack mention a couple of days ago referred to a long ago incident. So you’re still with us then? Glad to hear it!

18. spongeworthy Says:
      April 27th, 2011 at 12:23 pm

The only good news I’m reading here is that Hunter’s not out of the woods yet!

If he’d keeled over on 5th Ave we might have even had to step over him to get to work!

Seriously, glad you’re not dead, Tremayne.

April 27th, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Thanks all. And to be fair it would take Republicans longer to step over me as they would not only have to use their feet but their sidewalk-dragging knuckles!

20. Obama bin Biden Says:
      April 28th, 2011 at 8:15 am

Who is this loser?

April 29th, 2011 at 1:43 am

I don’t know, Obama. Rhetorical questions are often difficult to answer.

22. boqueronman Says:
      April 30th, 2011 at 5:41 pm

“it ill behoves (sic) them to criticize any country that gets health care for free.” A more succinct summary of the addled leftist brain cannot be imagined – “health care for free!” Bwahahaha! So the doctors, hospitals, anesthesiologists, nurses, medical supply companies, pharmaceutical companies, etc., etc. all donate their time and resources for the betterment of mankind and the construction of the [always] future leftist utopia? Think, think, what you just wrote can’t possibly be accurate. No, dude, a large number of poor schmucks are forced to surrender their earnings from long hours in the fields and factories, under threat of jail, so YOU can receive “free” health care. Good god, why is it that leftist always prove themselves to be about as smart as a box of rocks. Argh, these dbs make me so mad!

May 1st, 2011 at 2:53 am

Yes, boqueronman, much better is the Republican-preferred system where if you can’t afford insurance or treatment you die screaming in pain. People like you bring shame to America.

24. JohnFNWayne Says:
      May 1st, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Really? Last I checked, hospitals don’t refuse treatment in the U.S. Maybe that’s coming though, have to ratchet down costs in one manner or the other.

Comments