Hitchens: I Had Sex with Guys Who Dug Margaret Thatcher

By Kyle | March 8, 2010

Ho-hum, you say? More evidence of the English Vice, this time in Christopher Hitchens’ upcoming memoir, in which he confesses to schoolboy love affairs with Thatcher-loving dudes when he, of course, was a young Trotskyite. Our friends in the scepter’d isle are intimately familiar with each other’s scepters. I think there must be a mandatory class on the subject taught in English public schools. I’m sure Hunter Tremayne could tell you all about it. This information completes a rather warmish trifecta in the writing of those three old friends Ian McEwan, Martin Amis and Christopher Hitchens. I will write later on the disturbing quantity of semen appearing glistening on women’s faces (apparently it’s a wonderful moisturizer) in feminist Martin Amis’s sex novel “The Pregnant Widow” and the unspeakable penile abuse committed in McEwan’s global-warming novel, “Solar.”

Topics: Books, Christopher Hitchens, Europe, Sex | 9 Comments »

9 Responses to “Hitchens: I Had Sex with Guys Who Dug Margaret Thatcher”

1. Patrick Says:
      March 9th, 2010 at 2:00 am

Ick. I’ll take a pass.

2. K Says:
      March 9th, 2010 at 3:49 am

The British population growth rate crashed from a quite steady 10% increase/decade to 5%/decade just after WW1 and remained there or (sometimes much) less ever after.

One wonders if the predisposition to homosexual dalliance is a function of losing a large percentage of the most aggressive males just at their peak offspring producing years.

March 9th, 2010 at 11:07 am

Actually, most of the homosexuals I knew at school left England a long time ago for America, where half of them became closeted Republican senators and the rest became Catholic priests.

4. yankeefan Says:
      March 9th, 2010 at 11:32 am

Hitch is ever looking for the next source of shock, the next device to draw attention to his boozy — and yes, immensely talented — self. He has done liberal apostasy and regularly trashes followers of the Almighty. The only avenue that remains: A Malcolm Muggeridge-like conversion to Christianity. You read it there first: Hitch will go Anglican before he goes to the Great Beyond.

5. yankeefan Says:
      March 9th, 2010 at 11:33 am

Hunter, I will probably be the only commenter on this blog to express this sentiment, and to mean it: Welcome back, old chum.

March 9th, 2010 at 11:45 am

No, I’ll say it too. I missed Hunter.

7. JohFNWayne Says:
      March 9th, 2010 at 1:10 pm

Yank, I would say if your prediction is true, I wouldn’t be surprised. The final act of the ultimate contrarian atheist, especially since he cites Thomas Paine’s final act of spiritual defiance on his death bed as one of his favorite moments.

Given the vast quantities of everything Hitchens consumed during the 60s, finding someone or something he didn’t diddle would be more of a shock. There is also the questionable timing, with Hitch’s memoir set for release soon.

8. Patrick Says:
      March 9th, 2010 at 1:19 pm

He’s back! I did miss those eccentric takes…

9. KS Says:
      March 9th, 2010 at 8:06 pm

I’m reminded of Alexander Waugh’s Fathers and Sons. Worthwhile book.

I sort of missed Hunter’s comments.

Comments