Roly-Poly Role Models

By Kyle | January 10, 2010

Plus-sized models: Should we cheer them — or are they just encouraging more American fatties to have another piece of pie? More in my Sunday column.

Topics: Europe, Fashion, Magazines, Politics | 7 Comments »

7 Responses to “Roly-Poly Role Models”

1. PJ DeGenaro Says:
      January 10th, 2010 at 9:49 pm

Oh my God, Kyle, you’re so right. As a woman, I base my eating and exercise habits entirely around what I see in fashion magazines. Thank God I read your brilliant op-ed in the New York Post (where smart people get their journalism) before the situation got completely out of hand. You’re obviously an expert on both the female mind AND the female body, Kyle.

And gosh, even your blog smells like Axe!

2. K Says:
      January 11th, 2010 at 12:24 am

Check your wife’s mother, Kyle. If she’s on the porky side, and unless the country goes mandatory vegan in the next 20 years, your wife will look pretty much the same.

At that point you will find that there are essentially zip stylish clothes for “full figured women” that do anything but make them look like runaway balloons or over upholstered living room furniture.

When that happens, you might try laying some of the “fatty” cracks on the wife and see where that gets you.

3. Bob Says:
      January 11th, 2010 at 8:32 am

Great article! I see fatsos all the time and maybe 3 anorexics in my whole life. You tell me which is the greatest health threat.
      For the sensitivity set- who says you can be judgmental about anorexics and not the overweight.

4. KS Says:
      January 11th, 2010 at 12:08 pm

Women’s magazines are famous for sending mixed messages. They say that aging is a good thing and then retouch photographs of older women–Diane Keaton, for instance–to make them appear about 30 years old.

5. R.D. Says:
      January 15th, 2010 at 1:02 am

I’m concerned about beards on men. They are not fashionable. They don’t look good. They don’t smell good. They encourage others to emulate bad grooming habits. I don’t see that beards are really right for the men of this country. In fact, I just don’t think they promote the right grooming habits that men should be using to take proper care of the skin on their face. And lets be real about all this, you don’t see men with beards in the women’s magazines. Just the men’s magazines. Women just don’t like men that way.

6. Alex Says:
      January 15th, 2010 at 1:03 pm

Are you HIGH? Please when was the last time you sat down in Grand central station and checked out the men. Please ..maybe your just an A## that is understandable in acity this size. Be ready…walking around Manhattan will become a little more uncomfortable for you like a whale in a goldfish tank once your face is plastered on all bill posting and no post places available.Good luck

7. Alex Says:
      January 15th, 2010 at 1:05 pm

Wait ..wait wait for it…like a tide

Comments