Get Ready for the Crayola Men!

By Kyle | February 5, 2009

Department of possibly-alarming-but-probably-fictitious trends: men’s shirts for spring are going to be offered in lilac, pink, orange and cobalt. Color me skeptical: real men don’t wear lilac. These shirts are going to be piling up unsold. I and most guys I know will not be seen pimped out in orange or yellow. (Although cobalt blue doesn’t sound that different from the French blue shirts of the 90s, which I like.)

Topics: Advertising, Fashion | 12 Comments »

12 Responses to “Get Ready for the Crayola Men!”

February 5th, 2009 at 3:34 pm

real men don’t wear lilac

So non-real men will wear them. I bet Hunter wears lilac shirts.

February 5th, 2009 at 3:44 pm

“So non-real men will wear them. I bet Hunter wears lilac shirts.”

Perhaps with a matching hat…whatever matched Lilac.

Though I must protest on the knocking of orange, not that I would wear it, but it was the favorite color or both Sinatra and John Wayne. Neither of which are gyn-o-men. However I don’t think they’d wear it all over ala 70s pimp.

February 6th, 2009 at 6:05 am

I wear whatever colour I like, be it lilac, (French) cobalt or pink. Only Americans feel that the colour of shirt they wear might undermine their masculinity; then again the entire country was founded by people who hated singing or dancing, so you can hardly blame them for fearing to wear anything that might be seen in a musical, even if, ironically, they invented that art form.

4. blackhawk12151 Says:
      February 6th, 2009 at 10:03 am

Hunter’s Back!!!

And once again he is demonstrating his sub-remedial comprehension of…well, everything.

February 6th, 2009 at 10:23 am

The country was founded by people who hated singing and dancing? Who knew?

February 6th, 2009 at 10:36 am

Blackhawk, sub-remedial is not a word. Ignoramus, however, is.

7. blackhawk12151 Says:
      February 6th, 2009 at 10:46 am

Hunter – I had to invent one to describe you. Call it an upside, your ignorance has inspired advances in our vocabulary. I’m submitting this word to the next edition of Webster’s Dictionary, most likely with a picture of you and a select few of your comments around here. Although after reading a few the good people at Webster’s may decide that “sub-remedial” doesn’t quite do the job. Maybe something else, “sub-troglodytic” perhaps.

Also, I knew your threat to leave was just talk. You’re a word man without the conviction and/or ability to back up your words.

February 6th, 2009 at 11:16 am

Ah, welcome back Hunter.

February 6th, 2009 at 11:32 am

Blackhawk, Kyle explained the reason he censored my posts to me, and it was a fair enough reason. The rest of your post was just moronic waffle. Just out of vague interest, did you finish high school?

10. kyle Says:
      February 6th, 2009 at 11:41 am

Hunter is sounding as crabby as another famous talker who used to be so full of vim and vigor and triumphalism and optimism….three weeks ago.

11. blackhawk12151 Says:
      February 6th, 2009 at 11:55 am

You don’t get word fabrication skills that produce such gems as “sub-troglydytic” without finishing high school.

February 6th, 2009 at 2:50 pm

the entire country was founded by people who hated singing or dancing

Hunter! How can you say that when there’s even a dance named after the city it all began – The Boston Monkey! Gosh, you’re ignorant.

Comments