Defeat!

By Kyle | November 5, 2008

I’ll be on FoxNews.com’s The Strategy Room webcast Wednesday morning at 11 am to chew over the elections. I spent Tuesday evening at a) a touchy-feely liberal party given by a sex education teacher/male model/founder of the for-profit Cuddle Parties b) the Young Republicans of New York City party and c) and perhaps most interestingly in a cab ride home with a Pakistani who, out of nowhere (this never happens to me; I have a face that says “Do not say anything to me”) engaged me in conversation about the direction of the country and asked me to explain (somewhat Homer Simpsonishly) the workings of The Electrical College.
    And so to bed. Hail President-Elect Obama! I hope he turns out to be the greatest leader since George Washington. But I doubt it.

Topics: Barack Obama, John McCain, Politics | 16 Comments »

16 Responses to “Defeat!”

November 5th, 2008 at 4:13 am

Not I. Obama already has better teeth.

2. Jeevan Says:
      November 5th, 2008 at 9:45 am

Hello Kyle.

Great talking to you yesterday at the Young Republican event. Hope to run into you at some future events.

Take care,
      – J

November 5th, 2008 at 11:36 am

Welcome Jeevan. Since this is the first time I’ve since your name I felt a welcome was in order.

Congrats to President Elect Obama. I respect and admire him as a man but vehemently disagree with him on policy. I hope I’m wrong about him there, I hope he doesn’t try to turn us into Europe by implementing failed socialist economic policy and trying to legislate his interpretation of fairness. I hope, in spite of his record, he will be the centrist he claims. Mostly I hope this will be a wake up call for the Republican party to remember what it stands for and I hope that every Republican who voted for that bailout lost his seat.

PS. Really, really thrilled that there wasn’t a super majority.

4. Jeevan Says:
      November 5th, 2008 at 12:18 pm

Thanks for the welocme, Brandon. Glad it wasn’t a super majority.

5. Jules Says:
      November 5th, 2008 at 12:21 pm

What has the loss of thousands of lives at Gallipoli to do with a fairly meaningless American election in which two virtually identical candidates squared off?

November 5th, 2008 at 12:22 pm

Um okay. I now have concern and this is something I confess I had never thought of previously.

This morning I’ve been going through a lot of conservative leaning blogs and while good portion are gracious and willing to give the benefit of the doubt, such as Kyle and I, many aren’t. A line I’m seeing a good deal of is,”we will give Obama the same chance and treat him with the same respect they have extended to President Bush”. This is concerning to me because no one can deny the left has acted like petulant, bi-polar, demon possessed children for the last 8 years and frankly if they had even a shred of dignity should apologize for their actions since their attacks have gone far beyond the realm of politics. We do not need 4 more years of this divide, of this hatred. The right doesn’t need a bunch of Donnies running around making personal attacks on people they don’t know anythng about. It’s fine to disagree with someone on policy but if we stoop to the sort of baseless and illogical attacks and blind hatred the left has aimed at Republicans for the last 8 years then we will in fact have become what we claim to stand against.

I’m hoping prominent Conservatives come forward and ask for respect even in disagreement, for one thing the last thing Conservatives need to do is further alienate the black community.

November 5th, 2008 at 12:24 pm

Jules,

I think it was more about the picture. I don’t think he was comparing the events but I could be wrong. Personally I’d have went for the picture of Willem Dafoe on his knees arms extended while being shot to pieces from Platoon.

8. kyle Says:
      November 5th, 2008 at 1:46 pm

Julie: Gallipoli=Defeat. Get it? Want me to show you a picture? Oh, wait…I already did.

9. kyle Says:
      November 5th, 2008 at 1:48 pm

@Brandon, good idea. I agree with you. But the Golden Rule is inoperable in politics. We can be civil to them, and will be. They will in no way return the favor. (And by them, I mean not just lefties but the MSM.)

10. Jules Says:
      November 5th, 2008 at 1:55 pm

It was a particularly inappropriate picture. Perhaps next time you can post one of a mushroom cloud.

November 5th, 2008 at 2:07 pm

Kyle,

Perhaps that is true but any “war”, which in this case is an idealogical war and not a physical war, the battle is to win the hearts and minds of the uncommitted and by doing so increase the size of your force. We admittedly have an uphill battle there because of the MSM liberal dominance as well as their dominance in Hollywood. By acting in the disgusting manner the left has acted these last several years we will not sway those who are uncommitted but might well chase them left, however by sticking to our beliefs and approaching our disagremeent maturely and logically we might increase our numbers.

Another priority I think has to be to foster and support the development of Conservative artist and writers, perhaps developing an alternate Hollywood (for lack of a better term). We simply must increase our presence in the mainstream and continually defy stereotypes. We have to be more organized. If nothing else the Obama movement has given us the blueprint, we just have to use it.

12. kyle Says:
      November 5th, 2008 at 2:56 pm

Julie, is that the first time I’ve ever heard you use the word inappropriate? Have you gone PC on me? Or do you think there are lots of Gallipoli veterans reading this blog who are going to be shattered by flashbacks?

November 5th, 2008 at 3:32 pm

Is Jules actually a “Julie,” or is that just mockery? I’ve been assuming Jules is a guy.

14. Donnie Says:
      November 5th, 2008 at 3:33 pm

You have no one to blame but yourselves. You stood behind the most corrupt, oppressive, and inefficient regime in American history and now you are wondering why you lost the election?

And Palin was way scarier than Ayers and Wright combined.

Also maybe try forcing idiot right blogs like Atlas Shrugs to shut up? They are not helping your cause at all.

And apologize for what? I havent even started gloating yet! Where’s Mo?

15. kyle Says:
      November 5th, 2008 at 3:49 pm

(Sigh) (See comment 9)

November 5th, 2008 at 5:29 pm

Donnie,

You as always are a disgrace to the left. You know nothing of oppression and for reasons I don’t understand and frankly don’t care to understand you despise this country your many asinine ramblings stand as testament to that fact. It is cancerous, caustic attitudes such as yours that will spend their lives trying to divide for the sake of division. You’ll be as unhappy with Obama just as you were with Bush and you’ll be unhappy with every President after too because people like you are just destined to be unhappy. Gloat if you must but rest assured, you have nothing to feel proud of.

Comments