Guess What? It’s Close

By Kyle | November 4, 2008

There’s something happenin’ here. What it is ain’t exactly clear. Drudge vaguely forecasts a big win for Obama. Who knows?

As Mark Steyn so eloquently put it, better to lose 51-49 than 59-41. Obama staffers have sent out an “urgent” e-mail. I assume Obama is going to win so I’m chill. If I get three or four or five more hours of liberal neurosis before BHO is crowned the Champ, at least that’s something. I spent two hours waiting in line at my polling place today. Why? Spite. It’s nice to know that I cancelled out one of my fellow Upper West Siders’ votes.

UPDATE: New York Post tidbit: we have a neutral political cartoon by Sean Delonas prepared for first edition. For later editions we have had ready to go all day a cartoon that assumes an Obama win.

A McCain win was not even prepared for….until 6:25 tonight, when Delonas turned in a cartoon assuming a McCain win.

Topics: Barack Obama, John McCain, Politics | 19 Comments »

19 Responses to “Guess What? It’s Close”

November 4th, 2008 at 7:41 pm

Drudge is citing the exit polls, which are notoriously inaccurate.

November 4th, 2008 at 7:55 pm

Aww, Kyle thinks McCain is gonna win! He’s so cute!

3. kyle Says:
      November 4th, 2008 at 8:11 pm

Your reading comprehension continues to deteriorate, Hunter. To quote myself, “I assume Obama is going to win.” Do I need to come over to your house and use a yellow highlighter on your monitor?

4. Christian Toto Says:
      November 4th, 2008 at 8:32 pm

Thanks for the behind the curtain peek at the biz. Now if we can figure out what makes Hunter tick …

November 4th, 2008 at 9:03 pm

Our guests are arriving. So I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all well with whomever you are voting for tonight. The truth is that I have rarely met an American I did not like; I just wish you had a president who deserved your respect. God bless you all. May your God go with you.

November 4th, 2008 at 9:14 pm

The truth is that I have rarely met an American I did not like

Omigod! Hunter finally made a joke!

7. Jules Says:
      November 5th, 2008 at 12:35 am

There was nothing especially eloquent about Steyn stating the obvious.

8. Jules Says:
      November 5th, 2008 at 12:39 am

I think he accidentally inserted the word ‘not’ into the sentence.

November 5th, 2008 at 12:41 am

Great speech by McCain. I am so proud be in this great country tonight. Well done, America. Hats off.

10. jic Says:
      November 5th, 2008 at 12:52 am

Despite having spent eight years being told that attempting to undermine the president at every turn is patriotic, I’m going to be unpatriotic and hope that I’m wrong about Obama, and that he does a good job. Whatever else, he’s going to be our president.

11. Jules Says:
      November 5th, 2008 at 1:10 am

Hunter, I am glad Obama was elected. But I have to say, it won’t make much difference. You could put a chimp in the White House (and of course they did with Bonzo’s pal Reagan) and little will change.

Having said that, at least the world will be ready to listen to Obama. Bush was ridiculed in Europe and, though McCain was smarter, the same thing would have happened with Paloon.

November 5th, 2008 at 10:54 am

I am glad Obama was elected. But I have to say, it won’t make much difference.

I certainly hope that’s true. But I really doubt it.

13. Jules Says:
      November 5th, 2008 at 12:06 pm

Kinko’s – the removal truck I promised is on its way to your trailer park.

November 5th, 2008 at 12:49 pm

the removal truck

You mean the movers? Why don’t you learn to speak American English; you’ve been here long enough.

Anyway, no need. I like it here just fine, and I wouldn’t want to miss the comedy that will no doubt ensue in an Obama presidency. Can’t wait for him to start cutting his Chicago machine cronies in on the action!

15. Jules Says:
      November 5th, 2008 at 12:51 pm

You must have a thirst for comedy – since you’ve endured it for the past eight years.

November 5th, 2008 at 1:02 pm

The past eight years wasn’t a patch on what came before. The meaning of “is!”

Just imagine the Reverend Jeremiah giving the blessing at the inaugural. “Goddamn America! Her chickens have come home to roost.” It would be just too wonderful.

November 5th, 2008 at 1:13 pm

Kishke,

I think you have Obama figured wrong. The man is a politician, a really good if not great politician. A “quality” of being a politician is they are creatures of convenience in that they use someone until they have filled their purpose than they drop them. Obama has done this throughout his career and I don’t imagine you will see any of these people at the White House because they are no longer politically convenient or useful to him. The fact is Obama is a political chameleon and none of us no what he is going to do in office. How much of what he said on the trail was bluster and bravado so I am giving him the benefit of the doubt and hope you all will do the same. Lets treat him with respect and not try to get revenge on liberals for their treatment of President Bush.

Jules,

You’re part of the problem.

Hunter,

Well said. Both men were eloquent tonight; McCain in defeat and Obama in victory. Regardless your affiliation it is difficult to not feel a measure of pride in what has happened tonight.

November 5th, 2008 at 1:17 pm

Brandon, another fact of life for politicians is the owing and repaying of favors. Obama is a product of the Chicago Democratic machine, and you can bet he’s got lots of outstanding chits. Do you think they won’t be called in?

November 5th, 2008 at 1:21 pm

Kishke,

I am mildly concerned about that. My largest concern is he mostly owes his ascension to the fringe left of our country. How much will he repay them? Nationalized healthcare? Doing away with secret ballots in union votes? “Fairness” doctrine? Tax penalties on gun ownership? These are my concerns.

Comments