Tina Fey Makes Debut as Sarah Palin

By Kyle | September 14, 2008

And Amy Poehler makes a hilarious Hillary.

Topics: Hillary Clinton, Politics, Sarah Palin, TV | 19 Comments »

19 Responses to “Tina Fey Makes Debut as Sarah Palin”

1. Jules Says:
      September 14th, 2008 at 10:35 am

That was quite unfunny.

I preferred the Gina Gershen Palin skit in which she strips down to a stars and stripes bikini.

September 14th, 2008 at 11:06 am

I can see Russia from my house was pretty funny. You know who really bares or at least did bare a resemblance to Governor Palin is Lorraine Bracco, when she was younger and before she discovered the joys of eating to excess. I was watching Good Fellas last night (in spite of my abject fear of Ray Liotta) and had to keep reminding myself that Sarah Palin was not in Good Fellas. You must google to see the resemblance.

3. Blogg'nhead Wilson Says:
      September 14th, 2008 at 11:11 am

It’s possible that Fey could be doing this impression for the next 16 years.

September 14th, 2008 at 11:16 am

Very true. Fey has the vocal pattern down perfectly. The Bush Doctirne thing is still puzzling me though. Why are people acting like it’s a big deal when the guy who created the term, Charles Krauthammer, came out and said her response was correct since the media keeps morphing the term to mean something else. I thought the Bush Doctrine was the spread of Democracy thing he outlined in his last State of the Union address. It’s a media term for crying out loud why should a politician know what it is? Do they think President Bush is running around saying “let’s deploy my doctrine!”

PS. How cool would it be if Charles Krauthammer was a Baron? If there was a person named Baron Krauthammer I would have to insist they develop a death ray try to take over the world.

5. John Says:
      September 14th, 2008 at 11:23 am

Baron Krauthammer sounds awesome! Tina Fey was good. The following skits made me constipated I had to change the channel.

September 14th, 2008 at 11:47 am

I honestly haven’t watched a full episode of SNL since The Rock was on it a decade or so ago. Besides that I’m seriously Michael Phelps-ed out but truthfully was never Michael Phelps-ed in. He’s a strange gangly looking fellow who looks like he should be an extra on the next direct to DVD Hills Have Eyes remake they trot out. That is topped off with in most of the pictures I’ve seen of him he has the want-a be hood rat straight brimmed hat turned at an angle and that is way up on my list of things that make me want to punch people in the throat. Even still I can’t blame him for enjoying his 15 minutes and dating Carrie Underwood. Though at this point I suspect I might be the only person in TN who hasn’t dated Carrie Underwood.

7. Mo Says:
      September 14th, 2008 at 7:38 pm

So, If I go to the whitehouse and ask to see the copy of the Bush doctrine, what do you think they would show me?

Absolutely nothing. There is no official “Bush Doctrine”.
      Her uncut answers on pre-emptive strikes though is brilliant.

“In fact, the president has the obligation, the duty to defend.”

Damn right. And ALL liberals say Bush should’ve done more to “stop 9/11”, so he acts to stop a potential attack and it’s wrong? typical pretzel logic of liberals.

September 14th, 2008 at 9:05 pm

I loved it. If anyone needed more evidence that the Republican VP is a brainless, corrupt dope, Ms. Fey supllies it.

9. jic Says:
      September 14th, 2008 at 11:33 pm

So if an actress plays somebody as a dope, it’s evidence that person is a dope in real life?

I’m honestly having trouble telling if you really believe most of what you write, or if it’s all a put-on.

10. Jules Says:
      September 15th, 2008 at 1:17 am

‘I’m honestly having trouble ‘

This is because you are an idiot.

11. Jules Says:
      September 15th, 2008 at 2:11 pm

SNL is rarely funny these days.

They have a few moments from time to time with funny guests like Christopher Walken.

Mostly though, it’s a load of old rubbish.

I did like that Lindsay Lohan ‘Harry Potter’ sketch.

12. Mo Says:
      September 15th, 2008 at 3:42 pm

“This is because you are an idiot.”

Project much?

Jic makes a good point and highlights another fine case of liberal pretzel logic. You can state something completely contrary to reality and believe every word of it while in the next sentence espousing a statement that is the exact opposite of what you just stated.

13. IndependentsRule Says:
      September 15th, 2008 at 6:44 pm

Sorry jic but they played her as a dope because she is a dope. Most of the remarks Fey made were straight out of the horses mouth. And if anyone was unaware of it before there is really ZERO comparison between here and Clinton.

Ad Mo, because there is no actual piece of paper stating what the Bush Doctrine is doesnt mean she doesnt need to know or it doesnt exist. Nice try at spin though.

14. IndependentsRule Says:
      September 15th, 2008 at 6:46 pm

“between her and Clinton” before you try to play grammar cop on me which you are apt to do since most likely you have no other rebuttal to Palin being the biggest bozo political candidate since GWB.

15. IndependentsRule Says:
      September 15th, 2008 at 6:54 pm

A potential attack from who Mo? Iraq? You really are as stupid as you portray yourself to be. Get a clue! There werent any weapons. Not one. Even the ones we gave him to fight Iran and he later used on the Kurdish population we couldnt find. Its good to know though that fear mongering really does effect the simple minded as it does.

Stop calling yourselves Republicans too. The only real Republican you had was Ron Paul whom none of you supported. The fact that you would prefer a bible thumping moron like Palin to Paul makes me think you should stop calling the party the Republican party and perhaps change it to, “the party of the ignorant, small minded, mean, petty, and intolerant of anyone non white or not rich” party.

16. IndependentsRule Says:
      September 15th, 2008 at 8:23 pm

Spare us the Necon BS Mo!

September 16th, 2008 at 11:19 am

Okay I need some clarifying here. Why is Sarah Palin a Bible thumper??? None of her legislation has been Biblically based, she opposed her state’s Republican party in removing the teaching of evolution in schools, she vetoed legislation that would have not allowed gay couples to have health insurance together…I guess I’m confused. I know there was the Iraq and God reference which went away after it was realized it was a quote from FDR about hoping God is on your side in combat. If you look at it objectively (which is impossible for the inappropriately named IndependentsRule, our own little unabomber) the only candidate who has focused on religion as a central part of their campaign is Obama yet the Left keeps attacking Sarah Palin who isn’t even running for President. This is honestly like being in a boxing match only instead of punching your opponent you go and deck his cutman. Very strange.

18. Jules Says:
      September 16th, 2008 at 1:05 pm

‘Why is Sarah Palin a Bible thumper???’

You would have to ask her that question. Perhaps there’s not much else to do in Alaska.

September 16th, 2008 at 1:33 pm

Jules,

Excellent point. One has to imagine the Friday night activities in the average Alaskan town are pretty limited. I would imagine massive alcohol consumption and perhaps seal tipping are the norm. For the record I’m not sure if seal tipping would work but it’s a hilarious mental image.

Comments