Whoopi Goldberg to McCain: Will I Be a Slave Again?

By Kyle | September 12, 2008

I’m not sure Whoopi Goldberg has ever actually been a slave, but according to her, a Republican administration would present a threat of her being “returned” to slavery. If that were the secret policy of the Republican party, why didn’t they go ahead with it when they held the presidency and both houses of Congress?

Topics: Celebutards, John McCain, Politics, TV | 13 Comments »

13 Responses to “Whoopi Goldberg to McCain: Will I Be a Slave Again?”

September 12th, 2008 at 6:35 pm

McCain floundered on The View this morning like a beached whale. Loved the way the girls hauled him over the coals for lying about Obama in his smear ads.

September 12th, 2008 at 6:47 pm

I think it proved an interesting contradiction in the Left’s (not Democrats) agenda. They hide behind the Constitution when it furthers one of their causes; protection of terrorist, etc. Yet when a candidate, as he should, says the Constitution should be honored and the power should be returned to the states to make decisions they have the absolute king of overreactions and somehow equate that to returning to slavery? That doesn’t even make sense.

Hunter I thought he did okay considering. How well do you think Obama would do if he were being interviewed by Sean Hannity, Rush limbaugh, and Ann Coulter? McCain earned some respect points from me by sitting down with a group of violently opposed people with no pretense of fairness and took everything they could throw at him. Whoopi’s slavery thing was a desperate attempt to throw him off and frankly an absolute non sequitur. She might as well have equated the state’s regaining power to witch burnings.

3. Ken Bendor Says:
      September 12th, 2008 at 7:02 pm

She’s never been a “slave” to comedy, that’s for sure…

4. KS Says:
      September 12th, 2008 at 7:56 pm

Unfortunately, McCain told Goldberg that she made an excellent point. : (

5. Mo Says:
      September 12th, 2008 at 10:53 pm

The only time Whoopi’s had a funny bone is when she backed up into Obama.

Problem was she still wasn’t funny for obvious reasons.

September 13th, 2008 at 12:46 am

KS you’re right it was foolish of him to agree with her. Though sometimes when you’re in the lion’s den you have to sacrifice a limb to save your life. Also if memeory serves (I could be wrong so double check me) but hasn’t Whoopi had 5 abortions? One can understand her getting a bit looney about it as I imagine some part of your humanity feels some guilt, not to mention her history of mental instability I think it might have been a pick your battles thing.

September 13th, 2008 at 12:50 am

Actually an ammendment to my previous statement. As I dig around the number that keeps coming up (including from her biographer) is 6 abortions. I take it with a grain of salt though since I’m only able to verify it with 2 sources and neither of whom I’m familiar with.

September 13th, 2008 at 1:02 am

Could we have a show of hands for who exactly are religious nutjobs on this blog? If you are, here is a little quiz:

1. Does Jesus speak to you personally?

2. If he did, what did he say?

3. Were you naked at the time?

4. Does the Tooth Fairy speak to you personally?

4. If she does, what did she say?

5. Did you have a tooth under your pillow at the time?

6. Does God tell you to name the number of female celebrities who have had abortions?

7. If she does, does she say how many they are allowed to have, if any?

8. Could you kindly give me the chapter and verse of either the Old or New Testament that specifically states that women are not allowed to have an abortion?

9. What was the date of your last psychiatric examination?

September 13th, 2008 at 1:19 am

Hunter,

What has faith in God got to do with this at all? The abortion thing was brought up because if you watch the video clip that’s what he was talking about when Whoopi suddenly turned into Margo Kidder. I was trying to explain why she might have reacted that way. I imagine if you’ve had 6 abortions when someone suddenly brings it up you probably perceive it as an attack and compare to something crazy like…oh I don’t know…are we going to be slaves again. Whoopi has also made comments before about how emotionally hard it is for women to make a decision like that, though she also said they should be revered which seemed like a stretch since I prefer to think the woman brave enough to struggle and raise a child deserves the reverence. You’re a writer Hunter I know you are familiar with context.

September 13th, 2008 at 1:27 am

Well that’s fair enough, Brandon, and I take your point. I am guilty of confusing you with the other knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing, redneck bible-thumpers around here. You even sound like you live in a house that is not readily transportable. Have a great weekend.

11. KS Says:
      September 13th, 2008 at 9:04 am

Brandon,

Regarding The View yesterday, I’ve only heard the audio from when Goldberg made her point about slavery. How many abortions she has had, if any, seems irrelevant to this discussion.

September 13th, 2008 at 10:31 am

KS,

Read post 9. McCain was talking to Elizabeth Hasselbeck about abortion and how our laws should be based off of the Constitution and not legislated by the whims of a judge. He emphasized how many of these matters should be returned to the state as was initially intended since the express purpose of the Constitution was to avoid an all powerful central government. Whoopi then interjected herself into the conversation with her burst of lunacy. Given that it was a conversation about abortion that triggered her reaction explaining why that might trigger a clearly crazed reaction from her seemed relevant. If you were discussing child abuse in front of group and one of the people suddenly became extremely emotional and reacted strangely it might be relevant to discover that person themself was abused as a child.

Hunter,

Thanks and you are correct. My home could not be moved barring a freakishly strong storm in which case I imagine several idiotic reporters would be loitering around front in raincoats holding onto trees talking about the storm. Is there anything more asinine than watching network hurricane coverage?

September 14th, 2008 at 12:14 pm

Isn’t it interesting that the Republicans aren’t afraid to appear on these liberal shows while the Dems are terrified of appearing on Fox?

Comments