So Long, David Letterman

By Kyle | May 20, 2015

His departure is 15 years too late. More in a column.

Topics: TV | 9 Comments »

9 Responses to “So Long, David Letterman”

1. Hedge Says:
      May 20th, 2015 at 7:27 pm

You hit the right note, Kyle. The velcro suit, the Alka-Seltzer suit, stupid pet tricks, stupid human tricks and then the Top-Ten list were all comedy gold.

2. Patrick Says:
      May 21st, 2015 at 8:23 am

I haven’t watched the show in many years, not since even before he started to become overtly political and a little cranky. However, I did watch last night’s final, and it was a pretty classy sign off.

3. Kraal Says:
      May 21st, 2015 at 12:01 pm

Same here Kyle. His early show was this first thing I set up for recording on my then cutting-edge VHS.
      …and then the downward spiral.

4. Obama bin Biden Says:
      May 21st, 2015 at 1:47 pm

You nailed it. I stopped watching Letterman after the 2000 GW Bush interview. And the adoration he has the last 6+ years for the Islamist in the White House is sickening. He’s a bitter, old left winger who should be sent to a glue factory.

5. Sherm Says:
      May 21st, 2015 at 8:57 pm

Yeah he got premenstral yrs ago, the intern boinking scandal put the nail in the coffin for me. Colbert is miscast too. Hey K why no jab at Zimmerman’s performance tues. he shouldve hung up his guitar about 15 yrs ago also…

6. Don Reed Says:
      May 25th, 2015 at 8:43 pm

Great column. When I saw it on Thursday, I saved it until just the right moment on Memorial Weekend.

Letterman degenerated into a dirty old man. I am reminded of the overthrown tyrant who was put to death by his enemies who poured liquid gold into his open throat. The more Letterman got paid – and his salary became f’ing obscene! – the faster he went down the tubes.

One difference of opinion: His 1980 NBC afternoon show might have been gold, but in the hallways on the 6th floor of 30 Rock that summer, he had already become the paranoid, rude and obnoxious creature that would only become obvious in public later on.

Kyle, thanks for the column. I’m sorry that you (anyone) had to write it.

7. vanno Says:
      May 26th, 2015 at 8:36 pm

This is why I love Gutfeld. A freaking hilarious, reformed lib who shot out of the tv gate as his parents. I don’t recall his equal.

8. Obama bin Biden Says:
      May 30th, 2015 at 9:00 pm

Gutfeld is great- looking forward to his show. He grew out of his mental disorder.

9. Obama bin Biden Says:
      May 30th, 2015 at 9:01 pm

Kyle needs to do “At the Movies”.

Comments